Woo Hoo… So, I got the email today, TODAY! The editor has sent back my final edits, and I am not entering the process of the 6-week rewrite! In my last post I set up a rather ambitious 6 week plan to get my book rewritten and published, and I will do my best to finish in that time, without making mistakes that will cause my book to suffer.
So once again here is the plan:
- Week 1 – Reread the book and all editor’s notes
- Week 2 – Outline changes, rearrange chapters (if needed) based on editor’s notes
- Week 3 – Rewrite cover to cover
- Week 4 – Reread the book for content, timeline, character motivation
- Week 5 – Reread the book for edits: grammar, spelling, etc.
- Week 6 – Final changes, format, upload, and publish
Wish me luck… because you probably won’t hear from me to much other than a quick weekly update along the way to keep you posted. I plan to do a Monday morning update at the end of each week… I will share my highs and lows, my tears and my joy… you get it!
Now I’m off….