Author Interview Submission Instructions
As an indie author I know how hard it is to get seen in this business. I started this blog just to get the word out there about my YA series BLOOD ANGEL (book 1: Awaken, book 2: Beginnings, book 3: Revenge, and book 4: Pursuit) as well as my SECTOR C Series (book 1: The Chosen, book 2: The Hunted, and book 3: The Bridge). But, I have come to realize that there is a whole world of indie authors out there, and that if we stick together and help each other out maybe more of us can reach our goals. So, in an effort to extend a helping hand I have started ‘Author Interviews’ on my blog.
If you’re interested in doing an author interview on my blog (https://ninasoden.wordpress.com/), all you have to do is complete the questions below and return them to me via email at NinaSodenBooks@gmail.com
Interviews will be posted in the order they are received. When yours gets posted will depend on how many submissions I have. (Indie Authors get first preference). Once everything has been submitted I will email you the date you can expect your interview to be posted.
Please include an author photo as well as an image of your book cover to be included with your interview. You can also send links to video footage of book trailers and/or other video interviews you have done.
Complete the questions that you like and remove the ones that you don’t. If removing questions please make sure you re-number the remaining questions. You can also add questions to include information not covered that you want readers to know.
Let’s start by finding out a little bit about you…
- What is your name and do you write under a pen name?
- Where do you call home?
- Obviously, we know you are an author, but some writers have other jobs as well. Do you have another occupation? Do you believe you’re any good at it? Do you like what you do?
- What is your family like?
- If it doesn’t bother you, can you let us know what your childhood home looked like?
- Do you have any hobbies, other than writing? What do you enjoy doing?
- What is your greatest dream?
- What kind of person do you wish you could be? What is stopping you?
- Not to pry too much, but do you remember your first love?
- What is the most terrible thing that ever happened to you?
- What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
- What was your dream growing up? Did you achieve that dream? If so, in what ways was it not what you expected? If you never achieved the dream, why not?
- Who is your role model?
- What is your greatest fear?
- Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hard-covers or audio-books?
- Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
- What is your opinion of novellas?
- Have you ever read a book just based on its cover?
- What is your favorite film based on a book?
- What is your favorite book genre at the moment?
- What books have made it onto your wish list recently? And why?
- What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
- If you could invite any four (4) celebrities (alive or dead) to your dinner party, who would you invite and why?
Let’s shift somewhat and talk about your latest story.
- What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or fewer words, what would you say?
- Is the above book part of a series?
- How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book(s)?
- Did you listen to any particular songs while writing your book(s)?
- How did you come up with the title for your book(s)?
- Do you have a book trailer? If so, where can we watch it?
- In your latest novel, who is the lead character and can you tell us a little about him/her?
- What is your character’s greatest strengths?
- And what are his/her greatest weaknesses?
- What are some of his/her favorite foods?
- What’s a positive quality that your character is unaware that he or she has?
- Will readers like or dislike this character, and why?
- What first gave you the idea for your latest book?
Let’s talk now about your writing process.
- What is your writing style like? Are you a pantster or a plotter?
- Have you come across any specific challenges in writing or publishing? What would you do differently the next time?
- Are you a self-published/Indie author or did you publish through a traditional publishing company?
- If you’re a self-published/Indie author what made you go that route instead of the traditional publishing route?
- What’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
- Where can your readers follow you? Please list links to any applicable websites and/or social media accounts.
If you wish to answer additional questions, which cater specifically to you and your book(s), please add them in the appropriate section when returning the Q&A to me, via email.
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this interview and for allowing us a small glimpse into your writing world. As I said before I am doing these interviews because I believe it is important for writers to support each other. I will post your interview here on my site, on Facebook, Twitter, and on LinkedIn. All I ask in return is that you extend the same support to me. If you do author interviews or if you host guest bloggers please let me know what your submission process is.
Lastly, please share the following information on your social media sites by copying and pasting the information below:
You’ll love @Nina_Soden’s YA Urban Fantasy Novels Check them out on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/author/ninasoden and get copies today! #NinaSodenBooks
Nina Soden Young Adult/New Adult Urban Fantasy AuthorThe Blood Angel Series
Book 1: AWAKEN: http://amzn.com/B008Q8ZPE4
Book 2: BEGINNINGS: http://amzn.com/B00D3G7RWM
Book 3: REVENGE: http://amzn.com/B00MUT6XQY
Book 4: PURSUIT: http://a.co/7MBC3ge SECTOR C Series
Book 1: The Chosen: http://amzn.com/0985885335
Book 2: The Hunted: http://amzn.com/0985885343
Book 3: The Bridge: https://tinyurl.com/yaqufwgx OTHER BOOKS
So You Want To Write A Book (An Indie Author Guide To Outlining And Planning Your Next Novel): http://a.co/3IimNPc Just Write ~ The Ultimate Author’s Bullet Journal
The Invisible You (52 Weeks of Meditations, Activities, and Writing Prompts to Help you Discover YOU!): http://a.co/46Of9CH
Private Words Unspoken (Poetry): http://a.co/7eVcEGK
THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. All images have been obtained legally through creative commons copyright free images, wikimedia commons, iStock, or other online sites offering copyright free images. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and you do not wish for it to appear on this site, please e-mail me with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.